The Ohio Archives Grants are funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC), an arm of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) through their State Board Programming Grants. Grants of $500 to $5,000 are available to archival institutions to fund projects to preserve and/or provide access to Ohio’s historical records. Eligible grant projects include: repository assessment, policy development/strategic planning, digitization and collection access and/or preservation projects.
2019 Grant Opportunity
Grant applications are due February 28, 2019.
Projects eligible for funding in 2019 include:
- Assessment and Strategic Planning: hiring consultants to identify needs and priorities for improving the organization, description, preservation and access to collections.
- Access, Arrangement and Description: identifying, organizing, and improving access to historical records.
- Preservation: purchasing archival file folders, archival boxes, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, hygrothermographs, or HEPA vacuum cleaners.
- Website Development: Adding collections to online catalog, developing virtual archives, or creating an on-line database. Websites designed to support access to researchers (e.g., online catalogs, finding aids, and digitized collections, rather than curated web exhibits) will receive preference in funding.
Please Note: all projects should produce some type of online content, such as a finding aid, report or digital images.
**PLEASE NOTE: OHRAB is awaiting formal notification from the NHPRC on the funding for the regrants. While it is necessary for OHRAB to announce this grant opportunity and begin to receive your proposals, all awards are contingent on OHRAB receiving the funds from the NHPRC.
2019 Grant Application Materials
- OHRAB 2019 Grant Application Packet
- OHRAB Regrant Summary Page (PDF editable pages 12 &13 of above document)
- OHRAB Regrant Budget Form (xlsx)
Short video on regrant with helpful tips:::
Example of a funded grant application: Union County Records Center & Archives Reorganization and Preservation of Clerk of Court’s Records 2011